If your institution runs an Identity Provider within a Research and Education Federation, please read this urgent message.
The international science community has asked for your help in connecting your researchers and scientists to collaborations that are rapidly forming in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
How can you help them? Make it easier for your researchers, scientists, faculty, and staff to join a collaboration or project by doing the following:
- Contact your national identity federation and find out how you can enable the Research and Scholarship Entity Category for your institution.
- Adopt the REFEDS Research & Scholarship Entity Category to help the collaborations receive the information they need to onboard a new member.
Every day new clinical trials, grants, contracts, and research engagements are forming and around the world. If these attributes are NOT released, we are preventing researchers from accessing services they need to do their jobs quickly. Taking this action will remove the need for layers of IT involvement to enable access and immediate collaboration. This is important for all Identity Providers; there are world-class researchers doing important work in institutions of all sizes.
Find out more about how your national federation can support you with the Research and Scholarship Entity Category below:
- Australia: AAF.
- Austria: eduID.at.
- Canada: CAF.
- Czech Republic: eduID.cz.
- Feide: Norway.
- France: RENATER.
- Germany: DFN-AAI.
- Italy: IDEM.
- Spain: SIR.
- The Netherlands: SurfConext.
- United Kingdom: UK Access Management Federation.
- USA: InCommon.
We are adding information from federations that support R&S here as we find it – please reach out if you can help expand this list.