REFEDS has published its REFEDS-EOY-2021. Like many of our sister organisations, 2021 continued the pandemic-related challenges for REFEDS and cancellations of our normal activities. The community continued to step up, however, and we celebrated several successes in 2021.
The following highlights for the year should be noted:
- The community met in two virtual meetings in June and December 2021.
- The Metadata Explorer Tool went through a much-needed code refresh.
- The community responded to six Consultations.
- The REFEDS Steering Committee received excellent community feedback on a new strategic plan.
- The REFEDS Schema Editorial Board (SEB) brought two schema under its governance: the ldapPublicKey schema, often used for SSH key management in LDAP, and voPerson 2.0, an attribute schema heavily used by the research community. The SEB also released eduPerson (202111) with the addition of the eduPersonAnalyticsTag attribute.
- 95 Working Group meetings were held across the working group portfolio.
The full report is published on our website and we welcome all feedback.
To accompany the End of Year Report, REFEDS publishes an annual survey of federation operators. The results of the 2021 survey will be presented at the next REFEDS meeting on 13th of June 2022 . Registration is open (and required!) and all are welcome to attend.